Re: debug memory handler

>Perhaps it would be a good idea to include this thing into PenguinPlay:

>        http://www.dmalloc.com/

>It's a debug memory handler that checks to see that everything is going on
>the way it should (ie, no memory buffer overwrites and the kind).

>It's not C++, but that's just a matter of calling malloc() from new and
>free() from delete.

>Anyone knows of a better alternative?

There is one called LeakTracer at http://www.andreasen.org/LeakTracer/
I have used it and found it very good.
It overides the operator new and operator delete and keeps a record.

I think KDE uses it. It uses gdb and uses a GNU extension to gcc so it wont
work
in windows. I think it also uses Perl.

I'm not sure if it is better than dmalloc since I haven't used dmalloc

Peter Burns