Re: [pygame] State of the Debian

First of all, I've uploaded the 1.0pre packages, as someone emailed
me asking for them, you can find them (called 0.99pre for version
number reasons) at:

ftp://pygame.seul.org/pub/pygame/contrib/pygame_0.99pre*
(browse the directory for the deb filename).

They work with SDL 1.1.8 (the current version in unstable Debian).

Thanks for the full story on SDL_ttf, I didn't realise that was
the problem.  I have made my own Debian of the latest SDL-ttf
without any problems.

Numeric is in Debian, but only for python 1.5, not for python 2.0.
For some reason everything needs to be done separately for both.

I think an official Debian maintainer would be the best.

I'm not going to volunteer to manage our own little apt tree.
It does sound like a good idea, but I don't use pygame enough myself
to justify the time.

I'll give any help and pass things on to anyone who does want to.
And meanwhile I will keep submitting bugs on Debian to try and get
the versions of everything up to speed, and churn out pygame packages.

When you release 1.0 I'll make more of an effort to find someone to
adopt pygame, or at least sponsor an official upload.  Getting it into
unstable at all would be a good start.

Thanks for your interest in Deb packaging of it, Pete!

Francis

Home: francis@flourish.org  Web: www.flourish.org