Re: [pygame] Installing Pygame on Red Hat 8.0

Kristofer Wouk wrote:
Hey everybody,

I've used pygame on Windows for a while now, and now I'm trying to install in Red Hat, but I
have a problem. I downloaded and ran all the RPMs for the dependencies(which all installed fine) listed on the pygame website, but when I try to run the pygame installler RPM, it says:

error: Failed dependencies:
libSDL_ttf-1.2.so.0 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libaa.so.1 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libasound.so.1 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libpng.so.3 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libslang.so.1 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libvorbisfile.so.0 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
I usually rebuild the source RPM myself, as I don't install many of these libraries.

-d