Re: [pygame] Network game programming with python

> Oh, *I* don't know how to do it, but I'm no Twisted developer either.
> Packaging and including extra stuff that you're not maintaining yourself
> is always a pain, especially if the user may already have that stuff
> installed somewhere else, preferably in some conflicting version. I've
> done it for other projects and frankly, my precious time is better spent
> on other things. A tertiary dependency library should not cause me any
> problems, or I don't use it.

I'd just echo that sentiment; given that I get e-mails asking why python
complains about there not being a module called "pygame", added twisted to
the recipe when it isn't stricly necessary is yet another bother. For very
simple network programming, there's really no need for something so elaborate
and elegant as Twisted, so it shouldn't be included.

I generally only use extra packages when I can't code the functions myself, or
when the function I could code would be messy and buggy, and depending on a
tertiary package is really quite necessary.

Tom