Re: [pygame] Pygame

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:35 am, john fleming wrote:
> i'm most impressed with the unrealscript language, it is a simple and
> clean OO scripting language. there is a single "object" class that
> everything derives from, weapons, players, projectiles, even objects on
> the map.
>
> So could python do the job with a similar level of efficiency if some
> specialized classes were written or if existing classes were subclassed
> for this purpose?

I'm not sure what you're referring to with "efficiency". You first paragraph
refers to unrealscript being OO. Python's OO too. Everything you state in
that paragraph can apply in Python (ie. everything in Python is an object).

So my question to you is where does "efficiency" come into it - or rather,
what "efficiency" are you seeing being generated or enabled by unrealscript?
Is it in terms of programming conciseness? (I may have made a word up there
:) If that's the case, then yes, python, or rather pygame, could benefit from
a set of base classes that could be used to develop games on top of. I
believe the StrikeOps effort currently underway will produce some very clean,
reusable classes...

   Richard