[pygame] rookie q about Sprites

Hi all!

So, learning by coding is the best way. I've started up with something simple, where I draw a 8x8 board and put pieces to it.
My "pieces" are simple .png images, and that leads me to a question!

Should I make the 2 different pieces a class each and inherit from Sprite, even if they are static ones that will not move.. (at least not yet?)

Also, I suppose I better be careful here, cause I shouldn't need to load that image and create a new instance everytime I click the board.. right?
(Baaa, to early for this, need some coffee to make my braincells work.. ;)

regards
Stefan