[pygame] 99 CPU use?

Hi

I am not sure that this has been discussed before. I have been doing some tests and i realised that when I run any of the apps i am building on pygame they take 99 of my CPU. Then if I try to run some other application it takes forever to start up. I noticed this after realiseing that on a mac G4 laptop every time I run the tests the fan would start spinning at max speed.

Is there any way to avoid this? I understand that if you are playing a game you dont probably want to have any other application runnning on top of the game but if you are using pygame to do something that is not exactly a game, like I am, it becomes a problem. In my case i need to have another application "listening" to pygame to produce sound. this is also a process intense process and pygame takes over the system in such a way that it becomes impossible even to start up the sound environment.

thanks!