Re: [pygame] Jython

D. Hartley wrote:

Bob,
Thanks for the answer. I'm new to both python and programming in
general, so I didnt know much about the technical side of how pygame
worked. Thanks anyway!
~Denise

On 4/25/05, Bob Ippolito <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 25, 2005, at 5:40 PM, D. Hartley wrote:

Does anyone know if pygame can be used from within jython

No, it can not, and will never.  pygame is a binding for SDL, and
compiles to an extension for the "CPython" implementation.  Even if it
could compile for Jython somehow, it would require the JNI to
communicate with SDL, so it would be outside of the sandbox, which
really defeats the purpose.

-bob

Technically, someone could implement SDL/pygame in java, and try to make that work (right?)