Re: [pygame] Problems with moving animated images

On 4/8/06, Juha <sj.m@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem I'm experiencing is that when I move the sprite around I get
> parts of the other frames showing nastily, like the frame above the sprite's
> current frame or the one to the left of it. Let me know if I'm doing
> something wrong. I'm not totally sure I should be using blit's area rect for
> changing the animation's frames.

are you erasing to the background between frames?

whatever you drew on a screen buffer will still be there after
flipping or whatever. This can be a good thing if you want to do dirty
rects (i.e. save time not redrawing stuff unless you have to). I don't
use pygame sprites at all, but they might automatically erase or
whatever