Re: [pygame] two soundcards

Hi, Andrew!

Thant's another pretty good approach I think. Do you have any experience with latency over LAN? Is it 'good enough' (<50 ms)? Do you use a special wiring setup (star-wiring)? I considered that option, too, and any experience is welcome :-)

Gogo.

From: andrew baker [mailto:failrate@xxxxxxxxx]
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:57:51 +0200
Subject: Re: [pygame] two soundcards

If you want to orchestrate, you may have some luck building a small server program that produce instructions for clients running on multiple small, cheap machines.  For example, I have broken second-hand laptops that I use as microservers on my LAN.  If I wanted, I could hook each up to a speaker and have them query a synchronizing server (a conductor) somewhere on the LAN.  This approach requires multiple machines, but that shouldn't be prohibitive for a mid-sized art installation.

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"