Re: [pygame] sprite engine

Peter Shinners schrieb:
On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 05:57 -0700, Kamilche wrote:
 > This can also only be used when sprites are not overlapping.

Uh, not so! If I have a background, then a tree, then a ghost in front of the tree that's translucent, and something about the tree changes...

Yes, that would work. So you draw all sprites every frame, but only build dirty rectangles for the ones that are marked dirty.

Hi

I think not all sprites are blitted only the ones that collide with a dirty area. At least I do that in this way.

~DR0ID