Re: [pygame] varying sound playback rate

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick response.

Heheheh :) The less-than-perfect technique you suggested is what I was doing last night when I stopped and thought, hey, maybe I don't have to do this after all... maybe someone knows a better way. So, thanks, yes. I think I'll probably be doing that if I can't find a simpler way.

Best wishes,

	- Miriam

Jason Marshall wrote: > Miriam, > > To crack that nut using Pygame software in real-time > as you described, you'd have to use a steam roller. > > I suggest using a simple brute-force less-than-perfect > technique to solve this problem: Open up the original > sound file in an editor and change its speed. Then, > save the changed sound as a different file. Repeat ~20 > times, incrementally changing the speed across the > range of speeds that you need. In your Pygame program, > load all of the sounds at the beginning of the > program. In your game, play the one that is closest to > the speed that you need. If this idea isn't good > enough for your purpose, I won't be offended. > > Jason Marshall >