Re: [pygame] Firing bullets

Kris Schnee wrote:

I'm not sure that the recycling method is really necessary, if you find it hard to program. (It's probably not hard; just laziness on my part that I didn't use it.)

I suggest measuring before concluding that keeping a free list is faster. It might not be.

-Is it worth using ODE physics for bullets? ... But you'd also have the
> overhead of constantly being notified about bullet-on-bullet collisions,

Not necessarily. ODE geoms can have a bitmask that
determines what categories of objects collide with
others. So you could easily arrange for bullets to
collide e.g. with players and walls but not with
each other.

--
Greg