Re: [pygame] pygame standard mouse

On 4/19/07, Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I checked out the game you mentioned, and the mouse speed was
identical in both cases for me. I believe that the issue you are
experiencing isn't that mouse-speed in fullscreen is inherently faster
or slower than windowed, it's that directX based fullscreen modes
don't apply the desktop pointer speed adjustments.

This also applies to some X fullscreen modes, and for windowed modes if you "grab" the mouse pointer (to draw your own pointer, for example).

[..]

> I like fast mice :)

I think this might actually be why you are seeing a problem. I'll be
blunt, you are a freak.

No, this is wrong. This is probably hardware and OS dependent, but on my machine an unaccelerated mouse requires something like five trips across the mousepad to go from one end of the screen to the other. This is not good, and most importantly it disregards the user preference for mouse speed. It would be nice if pygame could accelerate the mouse behind the scenes, using preferences from the windowing environment.

Ulf