Re: [pygame] Re: 100% CPU

On 4/23/07, Ethan Glasser-Camp <glasse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think Dave LeCompte was trying to argue that if you know how much
CPU you have, you can use it to better effect in your game -- for
example with more accurate physics or more realistic AI. I don't
necessarily agree with this argument, but it's better than just
busy-looping.

If that was Dave's argument, then I totally missed his point. Doing _something_ with the CPU is definitely better than busy-looping. I would also say that doing _nothing_ with the CPU is better than busy-looping.

I think having a game (or any program) that arbitrarily behaves
different on different machines is generally a bad thing and should be
made extremely clear to the user if done at all. In particular I think
"gaming" the program by running more programs so you get a dumber AI
is something you might want to be aware of.

Good points. Ethan++

~ Nathan