Re: [pygame] Re: 100% CPU

On 4/23/07, Dave LeCompte (really) <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Nathan" <nathan.stocks@xxxxxxxxx> said:

> Why you would WANT to max out the CPU really baffles me.

Grampa used to chastise me for only using 50% of the length of the
handsaw. He said "I paid for every tooth on the saw blade, use them all."
Wasting (including underusing) the CPU seems like the same thing.

What an awful misapplication of an analogy. Let's put that analogy into proper context. Did your "Grampa" tell you:

"I paid for every tooth on the saw blade, that's why I've been using
every single one of them 24/7 for the last 45 years.  Boy is my arm
tired...and my furniture is totally destroyed.  But boy am I getting
my money's worth!"

No.  That's ridiculous.  But that's what you analogously implied he
said.  If you don't understand your own analogies, I'm not going to
bother debating any of the rest of your post.

It seems like most of the others here are sane with respect to
CPU-usage issues, and I'm glad to hear (or read) someone mention that
at least some of the pygame waiting stuff will change to non-busy
waiting in 1.8.  Does anyone have more details on that?

~ Nathan