Re: [pygame] fun game

James Paige is optimizing fun:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 01:05:01AM +0200, Rikard Bosnjakovic wrote:
>> On 4/24/07, James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >Does anybody know a more fun operation than
>> >math.sqrt that I could use to push the fun up to 100%?
>>
>> while 1:
>>  pass
>
> Nope, that is about the same. still averaging about 90% fun on just one
> processor.

I've found Ackermann's function to be pretty fun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackerman%27s_function

And I think that it's the Sudan function that I like even more, but my
memory's a bit sketchy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudan_function

And if those aren't quite pegging the funometer of your current machine,
you can work with these guys:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godel_number

... but I'm afraid that's a bit afield from pygame.

> [aside]Dave LeCompte, after reading the rest of your
> conversation with Brian, and re-reading my own "fun game" post,
> I wan't to clairify that it was just an attempt at friendly
> teasing-- I don't intend to be mean-spirited. The idea of a CPU
> as a machine for converting electicity into fun just tickled my
> funny-bone :)[/aside]

Heh, thanks.

-Dave LeCompte