Re: [pygame] Distributing pygame games for non-Windows platforms

On 4/28/07, Kris Schnee <kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How does that work with the GPL, though? I still don't fully understand
the thing, but it seems like you're obligated, if you make a Pygame
game, to distribute it in such a way that people can try plugging in a
new version of Pygame. I don't necessarily want to make all of my code
public, so I'm uneasy about the licensing.

pygame is LGPL, so dynamic linking is sufficient to meet the condition
of letting people plug in a new version. So it seems to me that to use
the single file mode of pyinstaller and meet the LGPL license terms
you'd have to either distribute your source code in some fashion.
However if you used the single directory mode of pyinstaller, than
you'd be good.