[pygame] Tiling a Rotated Bitmap

Hi all. I'm trying to create a rotated tilable bitmap out of a tilable bitmap, but it's not working. My first attempt was to tile the bitmap across a larger picture, rotate the larger picture, and then cut a tile out of the middle, but that didn't work - the resulting picture wasn't tilable.

I see that the problem is a lot more complex than I thought, and I don't have a handle on how to do it.

Does anyone know how to perform such a task?

--Kamilche