Re: [pygame] Pygame and Python 2.6

dang - I didn't even know they had another new runtime...

according to this post though, this should already be fixed?
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2007-November/075473.html

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought while I had the chance I would try linking the Pygame dependencies against msvcr90.dll using MinGW. It failed. The msvcr90.dll that Python 2.6 uses is connected to a manifest. I don't know anything about them. And neither do the unix build tools ./configure and make. So when ./configure goes about creating its first little test program the program fails because Windows prevents msvcr90.dll from loading. No manifest file. And this is with XP yet. So I am stumped. I am putting this particular side excursion on indefinite hold. I just post this as a forewarning about what lies ahead.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>