[pygame] networking example

I'm looking for a tutorial or basic sample code that does networking
in the way described:

I'm trying to do something like: example: the classic game asteroids
modified to have 2 player ships at the same time.

I will have a group of asteroids and of bullets. My guess is that I
will have (1) a server process and (2) a client process.

When a player would normally fire, he tells/asks the server, which
will pass any bullet spawnings onto the players. The server checks for
bullet on asteroid collisions, and passes the deaths, and new spawns
to the players.

I don't think I have to pass any physics updates to the clients,
except where there are collisions / spawns / deaths. Otherwise the
clients can tell where stuff should be since they are told its
velocity.

How do I do this in pygame? ( Does Pygame support the libSDL sdl_net
module? I didn't see it in the docs? looks like it maybe be a future
feature? )

I'm planning to only use this on the LAN, maybe that will make some
code simpler having minimal latency?

thanks, ( hope that was coherent :P )
--
Jake