Re: [pygame] Python and Speed

Hello,
On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Casey Duncan <casey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Perhaps you could post the code or a synapsis of the algorithm and a hint at what you are trying to do (I'm not sure if we're still talking about the collision detection thing or something else)?
I've already done the easier stuff as far as optimization goes, and instead of expecting more from Python and complaining that it can't do it, I've decided to turn to shading languages on the GPU.  This way, the same code can be run faster--faster even then C.
I'm sure people on the list (myself included) would be happy to help if we knew what the problem was.
Short answer, there's not really a problem, as I've found a solution with shading languages.

Any current problem would be only related to further optimizing a given algorithm.  With GPU processing, it shouldn't be an issue.  The only potential problem is making myself do the actual coding necessary to meet the required benchmarks.

I would conclude this message simply by saying, for those working on Python, keep working on making it faster.  Good job.
-Casey
-Ian