Re: [pygame] Pygame and Python 2.6

Well I was wrong about \WINDOWS\WinSxS and the search path. It is recognized,
but I still get the R6034 error. I cannot get distutils to build a Pyrex
extension with MinGW because distutils.msvc9compiler cannot find vcvarsall.bat.
I did successfully run a program, python.c from SVN, compiled with MinGW and
linked to python26.dll. So python26.dll lacks the restrictions of msvcr90.dll.
And msvcr90.dll can be loaded indirectly.

**warning, speculation ahead

This suggests that, if the Python developers are willing, python26.dll could
expose the C standard library functions itself. It would then just be a matter
of using custom C export libraries, just as I now do for msvcr71. Python stub
functions have already been discussioned on Python-dev.

Lenard

[snip C code and Windows error message]