Re: [pygame] Re: using alpha for a circle

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The bottom circle is purple, not light blue. Drawing is a fill operation. The alpha value is part of the color copied to the surfaces pixels.

I completely disagree that "drawing is a fill operation" - I think as the original post demonstrates, people expect anything that "draws" to behave in a way that would draw on top of what is already present (i.e. blend). Also, I think having to draw to an intermediary alpha surface, and then blit in order to get blending is basically just a useless extra step for the user to have to perform.

...but it's nice to know you can get the desired behavior with the extra steps at least.

...hopefully any future anti-aliased circle addition would just blend in