Re: [pygame] pygame for portable python

Quoting Marcus von Appen <mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On, Sat Apr 11, 2009, Rene Dudfield wrote:
>
> > Yeah cool.
> >
> > I think it will give me a good push to finish off more tests as we change
> > towards py3k.
> >
> > The sprite module is missing tests for a lot of the older sprite
> > functionality.  So that's the major one of the .py files I think.  Our
> build
> > scripts, and tests are the other major .py files.
> >
> > If we start back porting some of the pgreloaded py3k stuff, then I think
> we
> > can have a pygame 1.9 prerelease for py3k within 4 weeks time(in time for
> > the course).  Remember, it only took Marcus a few days to port pgreloaded.
>
> It has a less messy internal API, though :-).

I think we could get a minimal Pygame ready: base, surface, mixer, image,
gfxdraw. I have access to an XP box for the next few days so will fork off a
python3 branch and see if I can get something to work for Windows. But don't let
that stop anyone else from adapting Pygame to Python 3. We can merge things back
later.

Lenard

--
Lenard Lindstrom