Re: beginning GSOC preparations: was Re: [pygame] Thank You

Which package are you trying to build. Unless the thing crashed completely msys_build_deps.py should have displayed a listing at the end showing where it stalled, that is, it will show which DLL were not installed. The packages taken straight form SVN may not have a .configure file. msys_build_deps.py will create those automatically for SDL, SDL_mixer and smpeg. If any other packages were taken from SVN then it will fail. To manually create a configure file start the Msys console, go into the package's root directory and type './autogen.sh'.

Anyway, the general Unix steps msys_build_deps.py takes to installing a package are:

./autogen.sh   # only for SVN packages
./configure
make
make install
strip /usr/local/bin/<lib-name>.DLL

The msys shell scripts run to build the packages are found at the end of msys_build_deps.py

Lenard

Tyler Laing wrote:
Okay, thanks! It went past that, but now its getting an error that says:
/bin/sh: line 17: ./configure: No such file or directory

Any idea whats going on here?