Re: beginning GSOC preparations: was Re: [pygame] Thank You

This would be from a patch msys_build_deps.py makes to work around freetypes being built in strict mode, that is, no extensions like 'inline'. The MinGW stdlib.h has an inlined function, causing the compile to fail. I believe René used a different fix from mine. So to disable mine edit msys_build_deps.py and comment out line 549 with a '#':

 export CPPFLAGS="-Dinline=__inline__ $CPPFLAGS"

If that fails with some error about 'inline' not recognized then the MinGW header include\stdlib.h will have to be edited on line 317 to replace 'inline' with '__inline__'. By the way, which version of gcc are you using? This gave me no problems with gcc 3.4.5.

Lenard

Tyler Laing wrote:
Okay, it compiled both SDL and zlib, but it failed on freetype. Here's the error message:

from <snip> freetype-2.3.7/src/base/ftsysem.c:29:
<snip>../include/stdlib.h:317: error: syntax error before "double"

Right now I'm compiling the rest, so we'll see if there's any other errors.

-Tyler