Re: [pygame] pgreloaded on Mac OS X | Introduction email

Hello Vicent,

sounds like you're already hopping into it!

Since you're already sending in code... I'll try and get you commit
svn access soonest!  Can you please send me the username you'd like to
use?

Also, do you have a blog for updates on your project?

cheers,

Pasted again from another email about preparations for gsoc... in case
you missed it.
------------

To start preparing for your work, here's a few things you can do...

- make sure you can compile pygame.
    -  see the wiki for instructions for your platform(s)
        - http://pygame.org/wiki/Compilation
    - as pygame is multi platform, you'll have to work on multiplatforms too.
        - prepare a separate platform to work on if you can.  Like
setting up linux if you don't have it already.
            - not entirely necessary, but it'd make things easier for yourself.

- set up your blog, which you'll be writing about your project as you go.
    - mark related posts with tags pygame, python, gsoc2009
    - add your blog to this wiki page:
        - http://www.pygame.org/wiki/rsslinks
    - email the pygame mailing list about your blog (once you have at
least one related post).
    - email the soc2009-general with your blog details, and ask them
to list your blog on soc.python.org.
    - if you don't have a blog already, you can set up a free one with
blogspot.com or wordpress.com.

- prepare a reading list.
    - start looking at some related materials to read.
        - like for ffmpeg, read through some of the development
mailing list, and development docs etc.
    - if you haven't used svn before much, read some of the svn book.

- svn commit access.
    - I'll have this arranged.
    - first, post a patch to some small change to the mailing list,
with svn diff > your-patch.diff