Re: [pygame] GSoC project proposal: A new draw module

I tried to use OpenGL and found that drawing anything in 2D was very hard.
For instance, I couldn't simply build a 3D set of shapes and then draw onto
the screen in 2D, using existing Pygame functions; I had to muck around with
textures instead. And drawing text in OpenGL -- just 2D text on a 2D surface
-- is a nightmare. If people are looking for projects, how about an easy way
to switch to a "Pygame mode" of drawing while using OpenGL, so that we can
use existing UI and drawing libraries?

There is the Lamina module, that provides you a pygame surface within
an OpenGL display, that you can draw on using Pygame drawing libraries
and GUIs.

I have not used it for a year or so, but if you are using
PyOpenGL/OpenGL 2, it should work fine.

http://pitchersduel.wordpress.com/2007/07/13/lamina-v-02/

David Keeney

I am the author, so feel free to email me for assistance, if you
decide to use it.

Neat! Thank you.