Re: [pygame] problems getting python 3.1 to work with pygame 1.9

Python programming for the absolute beginner, third edition ( http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-3rd/dp/1435455002 ).  One of the O'Reilly books also uses Python 3.1 with Pygame 1.9 ( http://www.headfirstlabs.com/books/hfprog/ ) but their support page recommends installing pygame libraries prior to pygame  ( http://programming.itcarlow.ie/pygame.html ), I'm not sure if that applies since I'm using apt-get instead of building from source.  The bug listing for the Ubuntu pygame 1.9 package suggests it's "mostly working" with 3.1 which implies that I should be getting 3.1 to at least find pygame ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pygame/+bug/433304 ).

If this doesn't work I can always set him up with python 2.6 and an older book but I wanted to see if I was missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Brian Pierce