Re: [pygame] problems getting python 3.1 to work with pygame 1.9

Am Samstag, den 17.04.2010, 16:04 -0400 schrieb Pierces:
> I'm trying to set up an Ubuntu 10.04 machine so my son can follow a book on learning Python programming with pygame 1.9 and python 3.1.  I have all these installed via apt-get without problems.   However, python 3.1 can't find the pygame module.   Interestingly, python 2.6 can find and import pygame without a problem.
>
> Is there some step that I'm overlooking that allows python 3.1 to recognize the installed pygame 1.9?

Hi Pierces,

Also using Ubuntu, i suggest you stay with python2.6 and pygame 1.8.1
under ubuntu like you get them from the official ubuntu repositories:

sudo apt-get install python
sudo apt-get install python-pygame

I managed to get a python3.1 and pygame1.9.1 running a while ago by
compiling the new pygame from source after installing python3.1 from
synaptic.

In my opinion, it is not worth the troble (yet), most games and
tutorials are written for python2.x / pygame.

Over time, your Ubuntu system will provide you with newer versions of
both python and pygame. Make sure you have "backports" enabled at
synaptic - setting - packet sources.

greetings,
 -Horst

http://www.pythongamebook.com