[pygame] Extending OpenGL support in Pygame

I was wondering if there was much interest in extending OpenGL support
in Pygame. One of the things I am implementing in my toolkit is OpenGL
support. To do this, I am effectively creating the surface class and
draw module in OpenGL. I am using Pygame's API to create the interface
for it, so that it can be simply dropped into the same places and
behaves in the same way as vanilla Pygame.

If this is something of interest to other people, I'm wondering whether
there might be some interest in integrating this code into Pygame
(sometime after GSoC). This would (I'm envisaging) allow users to create
a game using Pygame's standard sprite and draw module, and be able to
run it under OpenGL by simply adding the OPENGL flag. As opposed to
having to recreate all of the drawing code.
	Even for developing 3D games, I think this would make it a lot easier
for developers to create the 2D elements of a game, such as the HUD.

Thanks,
Sam Bull