Re: [pygame] preview of new pygame website... HiFi part

On sab, 2014-04-05 at 15:36 +0200, Renà Dudfield wrote:
> here's a preview of the HiFi part of the new pygame website...
>
> http://pygame.org/hifi.html
>

> What do you think?

Looks really nice, but there are a few issues with it at the moment.

Horizontal scrolling is rather unnatural and weird to navigate. If it
were an unordered collection of elements designed to scroll through,
then I would expect to be able to scroll naturally with the touchpad.
	However, it appears to be grouped into distinct categories, which are
meant to represent different parts of the site. In this case, I would
expect it to paginate. Clicking the left/right arrow, or keyboard
buttons would snap it over to the next category. Obviously, this would
require the content to reflow, so the whole category fits onscreen, on
my laptop I'm seeing 3.5/5 columns when looking at 'show'. Some of this
could be compacted, for example using a more typically sized Twitter and
Reddit stream, and then displaying one under the other.

I also have no clue what the category names are supposed to mean.

There is some issue where keyboard focus seems to get lost, and then
left/right stops working. But, up/down continue to scroll as per normal
browser scroll. Then, clicking on the page to regain keyboard control
and pushing down causes the website to zoom back up to where it last has
keyboard control.
	In fact, just found an easy way to reproduce. Scroll down the page with
the mouse wheel, then press down on the keyboard, and it zooms back up
the page. (I'd suggest just leaving this up/down scrolling to the
browser controls, I can imagine it causing accessibility problems if
overridden.)

Also, this is completely unusable on my phone.

It's a good look, but needs a number of usability improvements.