[pygame] what is the current plan for pygame ?

Hi all,
Newbie here. I wanted to know if there is going to be a small or a big
release of
pygame in near future ?

The website doesn't give much but the hg/mercurial/bitbucket repo. seems to
have quite a bit of activity https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame/overview

Most of the recent commits seem to be by the MS-Windows maintainer
as seen at https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame/commits/all

Could somebody share/elaborate a little more?

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  ààààà ààààààà