Re: [pygame] Pygame_sdl2

at bottom :-

On 4/9/15, Tom Rothamel <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 12:22 PM diliup gabadamudalige <diliupg@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> This is too good to be true! May I ask if we can bundle the current
>> Pygame
>> 2.7 / Pygame 1.9.2 with this?
>>

> I'm not sure if I understand the question.
>
> The whole point of doing pygame_sdl2 was that trying to maintain an SDL1
> port for Android and iOS was painful and impossible (respectively), so we
> wanted to get the pygame API working on SDL2.
>
> That being said, your current code might be able to run if you add
>
>     import pygame_sdl2; pygame_sdl2.import_as_pygame()
>
> before the first import of pygame. (You might as well try it on the desktop
> before attempting an Android or iOS port.)
>
> In retrospect, I'm not sure what the sound story is on Android and iOS - I
> don't think we're currently compiling the format dependencies.

Hi Tom,
Newbie and a user here. While this is a welcome development, could you
clarify few queries :-

a. AFAI seem to understand from this thread, there is going to be a
maintenance release of Pygame 1.

b. There is move to pygame 2, which will have the additional
feature-set of it being compatible with SDL2.

c. Is there going to be some sort of audio manipulation also
bundled/worked upon so people could  make sound go up, down or mute.
There is this app. called pysycache  which has audio but needs to be
manipulated by pavucontrol to move the music either way we want to. It
is not a elegant solution and needs another app. to move music up and
down. It would be better if pygame had it own audio controls

Looking foward to hearing from you.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  ààààà ààààààà