Re: [pygame] Pygame_sdl2

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 12:22 PM diliup gabadamudalige <diliupg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is too good to be true! May I ask if we can bundle the current Pygame 2.7 / Pygame 1.9.2 with this?Â

I'm not sure if I understand the question.Â

The whole point of doing pygame_sdl2 was that trying to maintain an SDL1 port for Android and iOS was painful and impossible (respectively), so we wanted to get the pygame API working on SDL2.Â

That being said, your current code might be able to run if you add

  import pygame_sdl2; pygame_sdl2.import_as_pygame()

before the first import of pygame. (You might as well try it on the desktop before attempting an Android or iOS port.)

In retrospect, I'm not sure what the sound story is on Android and iOS - I don't think we're currently compiling the format dependencies.