[pygame] SDL for Pygame Mac 64 - Almost there... Please help!

Hi,

So far I managed to get Pygame up and running using Python2.7 64 bit on Mac
Yosemite using Anaconda. Thanks to all of you - this is quite an
accomplishment!

I installed all the SDL stuff using brew. Then I compiled the Pygame package
using Mercurial (HG) and pip.

All the SDL packages installed in the Cellar. However, I did put the
frameworks in /Library/Frameworks when I compiled and at setup.

When I look at config.py and config_darwin.py and setup and setup.py, there
are references to includes and stuff from where the SDL was installed by
brew. However, there are references to the Framework in /Library/Framework.

Now, when I try to open a non-BMP (windows type) image, I get the error that
the extended image mode is not on and that I cannot open the image because
it is not windows type.

I suspect that this is due to the Framework which I really never compiled
since I installed SDL via brew.

I want to be able to open images of non-windows (non-BMP) types.
I am not sure what to do. Will I need to recompile Pygame or will it be
enough just to alter something or other in the config or setup routines?

If anyone out there can help me - I'll be grateful.

Thanks,
Jeff