[pygame] Re: SDL for Pygame Mac 64 - Almost there... Please help!

When I remove the stuff from "Homebrew" I get:
Using Darwin configuration...

sh: sdl-config: command not found
sh: sdl-config: command not found
sh: sdl-config: command not found
WARNING: "sdl-config" failed!
/usr/local/bin/smpeg-config: line 45: /usr/local/opt/sdl/bin/sdl-config: No
such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/smpeg-config: line 53: /usr/local/opt/sdl/bin/sdl-config: No
such file or directory

Remove old build directory (force recompile) [Y/n]:n
Hunting dependencies...
SDL     : not found
Framework SDL found
FONT    : not found
Framework SDL_ttf found
IMAGE   : not found
Framework SDL_image found
MIXER   : not found
Framework SDL_mixer found
SMPEG   : found 0.4.5
Framework smpeg not found
Framework CoreMIDI found
Framework QuickTime found
PNG     : found
JPEG    : found
PORTMIDI: found
FREETYPE: found 2.5.3
AVFORMAT: not found
SWSCALE : not found

So this is not good- when I remove things from the Framework:
SDL     : found 1.2.15
Framework SDL not found
FONT    : found
Framework SDL_ttf not found
IMAGE   : found
Framework SDL_image not found
MIXER   : found
Framework SDL_mixer not found
SMPEG   : found 0.4.5
Framework smpeg not found
Framework CoreMIDI found
Framework QuickTime found
PNG     : found
JPEG    : found
PORTMIDI: found
FREETYPE: found 2.5.3
AVFORMAT: not found
SWSCALE : not found

Now, I re-setup.
Still does not work - get that the extended image module not found.

Perhaps I have to recompile pygame completely (i.e. using pip and stuff like
that) like I first did when I downloaded it. Note, there is no "setup" or
package for mac 64bit with python 64 bit. So I downloaded the pygame sources
and compiled them and then I got the whole setup thing....

Any other ideas?
Perhaps I need to make the /Library/Framework versions identical to the
"Homebrew" installed versions and then things will just work? Perhaps I need
to recompile everything?

Thanks!