Re: [pygame] Pygame for SDL 2, and how it may look.

Hello,

On 17-04-19 04:26 PM, Leif Theden wrote:
While I can understand why you wouldn't like the create_XXXX syntax, I'm not convinced that combining the window and the renderer makes sense for the API. As was mentioned, a window can have multiple renderers (or none at all!), so I'm not sure what combining them together grants for pygame users.

No, a window can have only one renderer at a time. And a renderer will have only one window in its lifetime.

However, after a bit of experimenting I find a window can have both a renderer and a display surface. This does support a separate window object. Whether or not it is useful, I don't know.

Anyway, I am still getting a handle on SDL 2, so don't favor any particular approach yet.

Lenard Lindstrom