Re: [pygame] Pygame for SDL 2, and how it may look.

Thanks for the link. I had not even thought of OpenGL yet. OpenGL was something to be tackled later.

One thing to note though, a programming choice in C may not make sense in a higher level language such as Python. C encourages choices based on physical data representations. Python types and objects allow for abstractions independent of physical representation. So Classes can be designed around what you want to do, not what you are actually working on. Too me, if there was a strict one-to-one relation between a window and a renderer, then why not have an object that can be both a renderer and a window.

But yes, if a separate Window and Renderer is more intuitive to most people, then that is the way to go. Anyway, the complicated, and unclear to me, window/renderer relationship makes a combined object a questionable choice.

Lenard Lindstrom