Re: [pygame] Pygame for SDL 2, and how it may look.

On 17-04-20 05:39 PM, Greg Ewing wrote:
Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
I was certain I had read about restrictions regarding a window's surface and a renderer. But I can't find anything in the SDL API docs.

I don't know about SDL, but as far as OpenGL goes, usually
the way it works is that a context can only be bound to one
window (or part of a window) at a time, but it can be bound
to different windows at different times, and can be bound
to other things (textures, offscreen drawing areas, etc.)

All that stuff is platform-dependent, though -- there's
nothing in the OpenGL spec about it.

From what I have seen, one may be able to share a render amongst several windows, but one cannot create a hardware renderer without a window. And when the renderer's primary window is closed, so is the renderer, irregardless which window's texture it may be targeting.

Lenard Lindstrom