[pygame] pyui & pygame

I'm going forward with doing the graphics from scratch -- it's not that
hard, I suppose, and they are closely tied to the underlying data
structures.  An arcade game has very different structures, so Fredrik's
code didn't really seem to work for me (but thanks, Fredrik).

Anyway, I want to use pyUI, but I'm unclear how to do that while writing
the tiles through pygame.  It seems like this is probably really easy,
but it's not in the pyUI documentation, and I thought people here would
probably know -- when I do pyui.init(...) it takes over the main
screen.  Is there a way that I can give only part of the screen to pyUI,
or have pyUI give part of the screen back to me?

  Ian