Re: [pygame] pyui & pygame

Ian Bicking wrote:
> Anyway, I want to use pyUI, but I'm unclear how to do that while writing
> the tiles through pygame.  It seems like this is probably really easy,
> but it's not in the pyUI documentation, and I thought people here would
> probably know -- when I do pyui.init(...) it takes over the main
> screen.  Is there a way that I can give only part of the screen to pyUI,
> or have pyUI give part of the screen back to me?

pyui is sort of an "all or nothing" kind of thing. it takes over the
display surface and input events once you start it. this means you
could potentially use it for screens like config, load, and save.
it's strength is not for doing in game interfaces. unfortunately
there's nothing to really fill this position. currently there are a
few folks working on something like this, but nothing that's ready
for business.

depending on the type of interface you need. it can be very simple
to create your own. simple tools like push bottons, toggles, and
whatnot are not difficult. even simple menus and text boxes won't
take much to add. but anything more than that and it will become a
big project.