Re: [pygame] Status of the OSX port?

On Aug 18, 2004, at 4:37 AM, Jan Ekholm wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Bob Ippolito wrote:

On Aug 18, 2004, at 3:20 AM, Jan Ekholm wrote:

What is the current status of the OSX port of Pygame? Is it nowadays
easy
for potential users to get it installed? I mean, is it even worth
trying
to aim for a game that works well on OSX too?
It's just about as easy as getting any other Python module installed on
OS X, and has been for a long time. If you want to distribute a game
for OS X you're going to have to bundle it into a self-contained
application bundle (like Solarwolf is). You'll definitely need access
to a Mac OS X machine to do this. There should be an example in CVS
that shows how to bundle a pygame application.
Great stuff, I'll try to find an OSXian to do the actual work. So the
kitchen sink distribution of Pygame is a thing of the past then?
That "kitchen sink" garbage was last updated (by me, anyway) sometime around spring of 2002, so I would say so!

-bob