Re: [pygame] Status of the OSX port?

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>On Aug 18, 2004, at 4:37 AM, Jan Ekholm wrote:

>>> It's just about as easy as getting any other Python module installed
>>> on
>>> OS X, and has been for a long time.  If you want to distribute a game
>>> for OS X you're going to have to bundle it into a self-contained
>>> application bundle (like Solarwolf is).  You'll definitely need access
>>> to a Mac OS X machine to do this.  There should be an example in CVS
>>> that shows how to bundle a pygame application.
>>
>> Great stuff, I'll try to find an OSXian to do the actual work. So the
>> kitchen sink distribution of Pygame is a thing of the past then?
>
>That "kitchen sink" garbage was last updated (by me, anyway) sometime
>around spring of 2002, so I would say so!

Heh, good stuff. :) Well, I seem to need to kick the OSX guy's ass and
make him try it out.

Now if only distutils would do what I want it to... Excellent stuff that's
not really thought through is my initial opinion of it.

--
   Crowley was in Hell's bad books. Not that Hell has any other kind.
                           -- Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens