Re: [pygame] Not all buttons are created equal...

These are evidently "rapid fire" buttons. Since you say all PS/2'ish PC
controllers are like this, I assume the PS/2 controllers themselves implement
these buttons as rapid fire.

I've got a dedicated USB module that provides rapid fire inputs (optional, via
DIP switches on the board itself), but I've never heard of ready-made
joysticks or other controllers having built-in rapid fire. But then I've
never used PC gamepads, just joysticks & steering wheels.

FWIW, the controller I'm using has (in the mode I usually use) 16 seperate
buttons per device (plus the two rapid fire inputs, buttons 17 & 18) and in
my experience with Pygame and other apps, nothing ever treats the "normal"
butons as rapid fire. What you're seeing is almost certainly unique to the
device you're using.

If this functionality is really critical to your game, how about just allowing
the user to check a box or something for "I'm using a gamepad/PS2-style
controller with rapid fire inputs"? It should be simple enough to handle
either case so long as you know which case you need to handle. :)

	-Matt Bailey