Re: [pygame] What 3D format do you use?

For now I'm loading geometry from OBJ files (no wait, not Wavefront). My
favorite flight sim uses a very simple (but reasonably flexible) plaintext
format. Each vertex in a surface type is defined by its XYZ coords, and S & T
coords for textures. Normals are not defined, they get generated by the
flight sim at run time (though the next version of objects should have
normals defined).

My game only supports tris and quads for now, though adding surpport for more
types is simple enough. I'm not doing normals yet. For licensing and
practical reasons I will probably switch to Wavefront format before much
longer. It doesn't look too horribly difficult to implement.

	-Matt Bailey