Re: [pygame] is fast opengl a possibility in pygame?

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 22:35, Rene Dudfield fired a shotgun at the
keyboard and the following appeared:
> Hey,
>
> one good trick for displaying lots of the same thing is to use display
> lists of display lists.
>
> So if you are going to draw 50 BOBs you make one display list of the
> BOB and then another display list of them all together.

	Interesting, never tried calling displaylists from within displaylists. How
does this help? Usually I just have a bunch of displaylists and call them by
iterating over a list (or iterate over a list and call the same list each
time).

> Psyco is really nice for speeding up heaps of function calls to gl in
> loops.  I often get speeds as fast or faster than the C versions of
> demos.

	Wow, good news! Thanks for the tip, I wasn't aware Psycho helped much in this
department. I've got it installed actually, must investigate.........

	-Matt Bailey