Re: [pygame] is fast opengl a possibility in pygame?

On Thursday 25 August 2005 00:00, Rene Dudfield fired a shotgun at the
keyboard and the following appeared:

> It helps by reducing the amount of memory needed to store the object.
> It also reduces function calls.  It reduces the time swapping between
> the cpu and the gpu.

	Ah, that makes sense.

> There is also the create and draw mode to creating display lists.

	What are you referring to here? I always just compile a list at runtime and
call it when I need to, via glCallDisplayList.

> Another thing which is faster... believe it or not...  is to use
> translate/rotate calls instead of pushing and popping the matrix.
>
> glTranslatef(gx,gy,gz)
> glRotatef(grot, grx ,gry ,grz)
> drawBOB();
> glRotatef(grot, -grx ,-gry ,-grz)
> glTranslatef(-gx,-gy,-gz)

	Interesting.........I suppose this is very dependent on the situation.
Definitely something to try.

	-Matt Bailey