Re: [pygame] Re: PyWeek release of LGT

On 8/24/05, Chris Smith <maximinus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry, but I'm having problems. I can't find *any* pygame_gl
> references on the net except for the one on your discussion forums -
> or is it part of pyOpenGL? You say it can be found at
> http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2847&release_id=6978
> , but I can't see it.

 Here's what the pieces are:

SiGL is the actual module that actually puts a pygame wrapper around
some OpenGL stuff
SiGL requires the nanothreads module for some of its functionality, as
well as eventnet.

nanothreads implements extremely lightweight cooperative threads.

eventnet does event management, including functionality for passing
events over the network.  eventnet requires gherkin

gherkin seems similar to/related to python's "pickle" functionality,
with additional capabilities for transmitting encoded objects over the
network as well.

So, what you're really interested in for your game is mostly probably
in SiGL, but you probably need to install all 4 modules due to the
dependencies.

--
// jack
// http://www.nuthole.com